Sometimes the simple pleasures in life are all you need. For example, Sunday brunch. After a long, hard work week sometimes there is nothing better then looking forward to sleeping in late and waking up in time for Sunday brunch. I think I can make a habit of this ... sleeping in, Sunday brunch ... yep, that sounds good. Who's with me?
So, here is your first Sunday brunch meal suggestion: Banana pancakes! I made these so long ago that I forgot the recipe...oops. Never fear, I found a very easy to do vegan banana pancake recipe (I slightly altered it) for you to try, from Now Stir It Up:
Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup pureed bananas (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 Tbsp canola OR coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Mix in the bananas puree and almond milk. Stir until well combined.
- Allow the pancake batter to sit for about 5 minutes before using.
- Heat a large skillet with 1-2 Tbsp of the oil over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot add about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pancake and then flip to cook both sides evenly, for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit like sliced bananas, and/or dust with powdered sugar.