Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Vegetable Garden Results: Zucchini Rolls


There is no greater feeling then seeing your hard-work being put to good use.  In this case, my vegetable garden and us getting to eat the results!  I love watching it grow, expand and develop, and then harvesting what we grow to use in my cooking, baking and juice-making.



This year my father gave me a couple of zucchini squash seedlings that I was proudly able to grow from a large container on my deck. For the last few weeks it's been baring some beautiful results, as seen here, our first zucchini!


And our first dish made with our first zucchini, raw zucchini "sushi" rolls, inspired by Sonnet's recipe from her wonderful website For the Love of Food.  Check our her page for the steps and how-to.  I included organic carrots, cucumbers, avocado, and parsley for the rolls.  And the best part, a helpful, wonderful boyfriend who chops everything up for you because you're running late getting home.



I was not only able to use my own garden zucchini but I included some parsley fresh from the garden as well.  These simple, refreshing rolls were quite simple to make, delicious to eat and surprisingly filling.  And because they are quite healthy I didn't feel so bad eating about 16 of them myself!

Bon Appetite!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...