Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Watermelon Shakes ... I Miss Thailand


A very simple Summer icy drink to enjoy, in Thailand we called them Watermelon shakes, and they were amazing!  The perfect drink to have on a hot Summer day and to be enjoyed while relaxing on the beach.  In my version I blended watermelon and ice together then added the juice from a whole lime. And if it's a hot Saturday night, sitting on the patio, enjoying the late day sun, why not throw some rum in there too.

Some health benefits I learned about ... Watermelon
  • Did you know that watermelon has the most nutrition per calorie!? At least that's what I found from my Google search.
  • They taste great, are low in calories and are full of vitamin C
  • You can also find vitamin B and B1 in watermelon, which maintains electrolytes throughout the body
  •  They are also full of minerals like potassium and magnesium, which are important for cardiovascular health and brain health

Source: Natural News

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...