Friday, July 13, 2012

Tropical Beets


I made this delicious pink drink over the weekend to use up some of the tropical fruits I had bought.  This isn't a drink I would make that often because I am trying to buy more locally and support local farmers, but man, did it ever taste amazing!  The good news is, the candy cane beets used for this juice came from a local farmer, one of my favourites at the Evergreen Farmers Market, Sosnicki Family Farm.


I call it Tropical Beet, it uses: 2-3 candy cane beets, roughly a 1/4 pineapple (chopped), about 8-10 lychee fruit, and one kiwi fruit.  Push all ingredients through a juicer, garnish and serve over lots of ice.

Some health benefits I learned about ... Lychee

  • Lychees contain no saturated fats or cholesterol and are low in calories but high in dietary fiber
  • Excellent source of vitamin C and B-complex vitamins
  • They also contain minerals such as potassium and copper, which help in the production of red blood cells

Source: Nutrition and You

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...