Monday, July 30, 2012

Super Juice: The Healthiest of them All


Wheatgrass juice shots made with Kind Organics wheatgrass

I personally had to really work up to making wheatgrass juice, it is definitely not for beginners! You need a proper juicer first of all to make it, which I now have, and you simply just push the wheatgrass through it.  To get the full nutritional benefits it is best served completely on it's own, with no added vegetables or fruits, so that is how I tried it for my first time. It was rough! My recommendation, drink a shot of it straight up followed by a chaser of orange juice or lemonade, then you're good.

My boyfriend and I both had a shot of wheatgrass before we decided to go rock climbing.  We were both feeling sluggish and lazy, a typical Sunday evening, and neither of us were feeling up to doing anything, least of all rock climbing! But we pushed ourselves to go.  Now, I don't know if it was the wheatgrass that helped, but when we got there we really stepped it up, pushed each other to go further, and we both went up a level in our climbing.

So, even though wheatgrass is definitely not my favourite juice and I probably won't be chugging a glass of it anytime soon, I swear I did feel better after a shot of it and the health benefits are enormous ... 
  • Packed with highly concentrated vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and enzymes
  • Wheatgrass is a complete food that contains 98 of 102 earth elements
  • Wheatgrass is more then twenty times denser in nutrients than other vegetables
  • It is safe for people with wheat allergies
  • Juicing wheatgrass actually unlocks even more nutrients
  • Chlorophyll in wheatgrass has the ability to draw toxins out of the body, which heals and soothes tissues internally
  • Chlorophyll also has antibacterial properties, which can stop the development of harmful bacteria in the body
  • One shot of wheatgrass contains 103 vitamins, minerals and amino acids

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...