Vegetarian Singapore Noodles
Original recipe from Canadian Living
8 oz vermicelli rice noodle
3 tbsp tamari sauce
2 tsp organic sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups shredded cabbage
1-1/2 cups drained and cubed firm tofu
1 sweet red pepper, julienned (I used green pepper because we didn't have red)
4 oz snow peas, julienned (I used carrots because we didn't have snow peas)
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp curry powder
1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
1-1/2 tsp ground coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews (optional)
1. In large bowl, soak vermicelli noodles in warm water until softened and separated, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together tamari sauce, sugar and 3/4 cup water; set aside.
3. In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the cabbage, tofu, red pepper, snow peas, green onions and garlic for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper and stir-fry for another minute.
5. Stir in the tamari mixture and bring to boil.
6. Add the noodles, tossing to combine and stir-fry until tender, about 7 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with peanuts (if using) and serve.