Keripik Tempe (Crispy Fried Tempe)
This recipe from AsiaRecipe.com
600g package Tempeh
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp of slaked lime water (or juice from 1/2 a lime instead?)
100g rice flour
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
Spice Paste Ingredients:
4 candlenuts (a.k.a macadamia nuts)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. coriander seeds
Salt to taste
1/2 inch fresh ginger
1. Slice the tempeh in thin 3½ x 5 cm squares. Set aside.
2. Mix the spice-paste together with the water and lime juice.
3. Add the rice flour and cornstarch and blend until smooth.
4. Heat oil in a large wok. Dip the tempeh in the batter and fry until it is golden brown and crisp. Make sure that the oil is not too hot, otherwise the batter and the tempeh will not be done at the same time.
5. Remove from pan, let sit for about 5-6 minutes before eating.
Makes 5-6 servings.