Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Great Asia Adventure of 2012

photo source: GAP adventures
As you read this (that is, if you are reading it at the very moment it is posted) I am most likely sitting on an air plane or possibly about to land in Hong Kong.  Either way, I am no where near my living room, no where near my computer and am about to embark on one of the biggest adventures of my life yet.

My great Asia adventure of 2012 begins in Beijing, China.  I scheduled my 7+ week long excursion with GAP adventures, including these tours: Tibet Adventure, Golden Triangle, and Roam Bangkok to Bali.  I know, I know, I could have just as easily organized, planned, scheduled, and booked all of  these tours myself but at this point in our lives, we really just wanted to make it easy on ourselves. We wanted to just sit back and enjoy the adventure.

I look forward to the tours and hope they will help us feel as comfortable as possible in a foreign setting where I know we will still experience a lot of discomfort at times ... getting lost in the 798 district of Beijing, acclimatizing to the changing elevations of Tibet and Nepal, dealing with the extreme heat in India, and feeling overwhelmed by the chaos and excitement as we travel through Thailand to Indonesia.

I am an adventurer at heart and a traveler who will never stop traveling until I visit every country on my bucket list.  Visiting Asia is just a very small notch on that list and I am very grateful that Mike is on board for every step (or adventure) of the way.

photo source: GAP adventures
Cheers,
SL


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...