Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cookbooks, Websites and Pie, Oh My!

photo source

When I was a kid one of my favourite pastimes was to browse through books, all kinds of books; at the book store or library, it didn't matter I just loved looking through them and usually took a good chunk home with me.  I loved it so much that I even volunteered at a library in grade school and University.

So it only makes sense that today, a new favourite pastime of mine is to browse websites – in particular, food, craft or do-it-yourself websites and blogs.  I love stumbling upon new recipes, DIY projects and other bloggers who share the same passions as I do.

It is through many of these websites that I get a lot of my baking, meal and home project ideas. Let's focus on meal ideas for now. These days, with the Internet at our fingertips one can never really fall short of great meal ideas to prepare at home, especially since there are so many people out there willing to share their ideas, myself included. However, it isn't always easy to find the time to actually prepare a good home meal, but with everything we are learning today about food production and processing, it is well worth the extra time!

To help get you started on finding some great recipe here are a few books that I have come to know and love, that have helped (and continue to help) me on my home cooking journey.  But first, you need a grocery list.  Click here for shopping list items.


My Cookbook List

For sweet treats and baking: 

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, Vegan Cookies invade your Cookie Jar, Vegan Pie in the Sky, and Raw for Dessert 

And for everything else:

Veganomicon, Vegan Brunch, 500 Vegan Recipes, La Dolce Vegan!, The Kind Diet, The Thrive Diet, Fresh at Home, and Ripe from Around Here.

Now, these are just books that I have either owned or have used the recipes from but there are thousands of fantastic cook books out there for you to find.  So, find one you love and stick to it for while or try your public library to test out some recipes first before you purchase. And please, do share any great book suggestions you may have with me, I love to hear them!

My Website List (some)


Know any great websites of your own? Leave a comment and share the link.

And now, from one of my favourite sweet cook books, Vegan Pie in the Sky ...
Chocolate Galaxy Banana Cheesecake

mm mm banana and chocolate ...

 Step 1: Blend

 Step 2: Pour

 Step 3: Bake

Step 4: Devour!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...