My latest, most favourite, amazing thing to do in the morning is to drink a cup of freshly made juice! Made with wonderful, organic vegetables and fruit, it's easy and super nutritious for you.
The Juicer: A powerful little Hamilton Beach juicer that makes a very full, healthy glass of juice (about 2-3 servings) from: 1 large apple, 1 large lemon, 1 large carrot, and a large bunch of kale or spinach makes ...
The Green Machine
(kale or spinach, carrots, apple, lemon)
Another fantastic juice recipe I concocted (name still pending):
2 medium beets
1 cup strawberries
1 cup pineapple
Everything chopped, add to the juicer and blended together. Add ice and enjoy!
So why is freshly made juice so healthy for you? Well to learn more I visited Care2 website which had a neat little list that explained the benefits of various fruits/vegetables ... here are a few from their website:
- Carrot: strengthens the eyes and helps clear up skin eruptions.
- Celery: helps to clear the skin (so does cucumber juice)
- Ginger: helps with inflammation in the body, such as arthritis and is known to remedy nausea.
- Lemon: is excellent for counteracting a high-fat, animal protein rich diet. Helps the liver in its daily detoxification process. It can also help to really cut the taste of those green vegetables in your juice.
- Apple: helps to relieve constipation, heal the intestines, and softens gall stones.
- Radish: benefits the thyroid gland (in small amounts and mixed with other juice).
- Kale & Collard: strengthens the bones due to high levels of calcium, potassium and Vitamin A.
- Plums/Prune: helps alleviate constipation and can be used for liver disease.
- Tomato: helps restore health to the liver, and can be used to treat diarrhea and chronic indigestion.
- Watermelon: alkalinizes the blood, and can be used to treat urinary problems, edema, and canker sores. Its diuretic properties benefits the kidney’s and bladder. Juice the rind with the flesh for a sweet, thirst quenching drink.