I tweaked it of course to have less sugar and more natural sweetness ...
Banana Maple Bread
(from Veganomicon via The Baking Bird)
Makes one loaf
2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp molasses
1 cup gluten-free flour mix
1 cup spelt flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Puree bananas until smooth. Add the maple syrup, applesauce, oil, and molasses, and whisk briskly to incorporate.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Use a wooden spoon to mix until all the wet and dry ingredients are combined well.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack or cutting board.