Sunday, December 25, 2011

This is Our Christmas ... Just a Small Part


A decorated kitchen mantle with recycled jars and bottles filled with Christmas things.  Sparkly ribbons, pine cones, candles, ornaments, and angels.  To do this: collect old jars, mason jars are great, but any will do and get creative filling them in with your favourite Christmas things.


The mantle at night, all lit up!


Many of the ornaments I found came from my mother's house and many of them were pretty old.  The older and more antique looking they are, the better they will look in the jars.  I also used scraps of various white material and filled the bottom of the jars to resemble snow.


My floating tree branch. I love.  Hanging from fish wire and decorated with ornaments.  I think tinsel would have also been a nice add-on.


Peanut butter caramel apples, covered in almond bits.  Delicious! A dinner party favour for our friends.  The decorative touch is a pine cone ornament, with painted on sparkles and a ribbon.


Our dinner party table. Set with water filled mason jars and floating candles, candy apple favours and a candle centerpiece.


Gifts, wrapped and ready to go, put together with recycled paper and recycled ribbon of course.  When I receive or find large scraps of good brown or craft paper, usually from packaged goods, I keep it for just such an occasion.


Newspaper works great too! Especially the comic & puzzles section.  For these gifts I added a simple ribbon and decorated tag made by recycling old Christmas cards, cut out and placed as a gift tag.


Thoughtfully decorated gingerbread houses.  Lots of candy = lots of sugar.


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everybody!

1 comments:

Avis Anderson said...

I found how to make giftbags from a newspaper via pinterest. As a matter of fact, I'm making one this morning from the comics. Loved your hanging branch so much that I had to pin it. I too, love to recycle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...