Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup
3 small onions, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
3 small potatoes, cubed
4-5 large carrots, chopped
3.5 tsp ground ginger (or 2 inches of grated fresh ginger)
1.5 cups vegetable stock
1.5 cups coconut milk
1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
1/2 tsp ground pepper to taste
1. In a medium to large soup pot, on medium heat, sauté onions in the olive oil until translucent.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots and ginger and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid sticking.
3. Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, salt, and pepper, stirring all together well.
4. With a hand blender or food processor, blend all or half the batch at a time until smooth. Be very careful when blending hot liquids!
5. Return to pot, reheat, and serve with green onion garnish.
Makes about 8 servings.
This soup was amazing! Both my partner and I loved and devoured it. You can also make this soup with other vegetable options like sweet potato, broccoli, beets, corn, etc. which I am hoping to do myself this season.