Thursday, September 8, 2011
Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies!
I made these marvelous cookies a couple of times in the last month and definitely plan on making them again this month because they were so darn delicious! Rave reviews from everyone who tried one, can't argue with that. They are so absolutely ooey, gooey, good!
Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies
Original recipe from Veganbaking.net
2 tbsp golden flax meal
3 tbsp water
2 1/4 cup cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegan butter, room temperature
1.5 cup organic cane sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. In a small bowl whisk together the flax meal and the water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes so the mixture thickens. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until well incorporated. Set aside.
3. In another medium mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the flax meal mixture from step 1 followed by the molasses and vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour mixture from Step 2 and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Using an ice cream scoop (to help make each cookie serving even) scoop out some dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 10-12 minutes (maximum). Cookies will be soft and chewy, delicious! Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before serving.