Friday, June 4, 2010
Orange You Glad I Love Blueberries
Blueberry Orange Bread
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp of canola margarine
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan (or use parchment paper, which is what I used) and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and orange peel, before making a well in centre and set aside.
3. Stir together margarine and boiling water until margarine is melted. In a medium bowl, combine egg, syrup and orange juice, and stir into the margarine mixture.
4. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
5. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 55-60 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing loaf from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Wrap in foil and store overnight.