Friday, April 23, 2010
Hard Training & Weight-watching Week
Hot Ginger and Vegetable Salad
A Sarah-Lyn original recipe
1 tsp olive oil
1 green onion chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced round
1 small green hot pepper chopped
1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, sliced
1/4 pkg of firm tofu, chopped in cubes
1 tsp of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb mix
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (optional)
1-2 cups of mixed green salad
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan at medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Toss in the onions, carrots, hot pepper, ginger and tofu and coat well with the olive oil.
3. Satay for about 2-3 minutes then add the Mrs. Dash spice and the vinegar if adding.
4. Satay for another 4-5 minutes, stirring often and then turn off the heat. I cook mine long enough for all of the tofu to be lightly browned.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Place the mixed greens salad in a large bowl (you can add more balsamic vinegar at this point) then cover the bed of salad with the satayed vegetables.
7. Optional: Add a dash of fresh lemon juice.
After my boxing match on Sunday, besides eating chocolate again, I like to eat pizza as a reward - it's my comfort food but only the homemade version! Stay tuned for a yummy gluten-free, vegan pizza recipe next Friday!