Friday, March 5, 2010

Boxer's Diet Week 1 - Rainbow Lunch


For those who know me well they know that I am training full-time right now, which means eating super healthy full-time too.  My diet is high-protein, low-carb and almost 0 sugar/sodium/fat - unless it's "healthy" fat.

So in order to stick to my no-meat, no-dairy, no-gluten year I have to get a little creative. Beans are my new best-friend and I've rediscovered my love affair with colourful vegetables!

With that said here's a dish I've been typically eating for lunch this past week, I called it:

Rainbow Lunch

The Salad: Romaine greens, spinach, red cabbage, and carrots topped off with Mrs. Dash Chipoltle spice and a balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice mixture for dressing.

The Protein: Black beans, red pepper and corn (to sweeten).

This dinner is so packed full of nutrients that although it may not seem like much I feel quite satisfied after this dish and keeps me full for at least 3 hours.

I fill my plate with salad the greens salad and enjoy it with 1 cup of the bean salad.


NEXT WEEK: Why breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Sarah, I just wanted to say how much I love this blog, having just moved to Barcelona I'm finding deciding what veggie food to make myself quite a challenge as everything is so meaty in Spain! There is lots of veg and fruit around, it's just thinking of what to do with it, and as you say, doing something before it gets a bit over ripe! But your recipes on here are really helping me out!

Hope the boxing training is going well
Nat x

elleplain said...

wow! This is really cool :) I really love getting new ideas for meals. I am a vegetarian and an aspiring vegan :) This salad looks awesome. Your blog is really great and I can't wait to see what is next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...