More then anything, I LOVE banana bread! Adding blueberries to this recipe just makes this banana bread that much more amazing. This fantastic recipe is not only gluten and dairy free but also fat-free and high in anti-oxidants and potassium (mmm fruity goodness).
It's also a good excuse to use up those riping bananas sitting on your counter, you know the ones, they possibly have a fruit fly colony gathering right about now? Happy Baking!
Blueberry Banana Bread
(Recipe found and adapted from Fat-Free Vegan)
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fat-free soymilk
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup spelt flour (not considered 100% gluten-free for most)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. Mix the soymilk with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and let stand until it curdles.
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the remaining lemon juice, soymilk and agave nectar. Stir well to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir just until the mixture is well-combined.
6. Fold in the blueberries.
7. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.